MEET RHIANNA, WRITER AND STYLIST.
Meet Rhianna, queen of vintage, sparkle and glam. Discover how she styles one pair of pink suit trousers in 3 different looks: workwear with a twist, disco party and casual to bike around. Rhianna has the most interesting, extravagant walk-in closet, full of Prada, Chanel and vintage marvels. Read her interview below to get some major outfit inspo and expert approved vintage shopping recos.
What are your favorite pieces in your closet?
My favorite pieces in my closet are the items that make my heart sing and scream retro glam:
- Vintage fuchsia marabou coat
- Betsey Johnson denim bustier jumpsuit
- Prada heart platforms - let me spread love with every step.
- Bouchra Jarrar leather jacket - took me 23 years to find THE one.
- Haider Ackermann “kitty” high leather boots.
- Mark Cross Grace bag - genuine vintage from the 60s makes me feel like it’s namesake Grace Kelly in Rear Window and compliments my wanderlust.
What must-haves do you think every woman should own?
Every woman’s life isn’t complete without:
- a leather jacket that a lil parisienne cool to any outfit
- a dress that makes her feel like a queen
- earrings that bring out your inner sparkle
- her perfect shade of red lipstick!
- killer boots to strut your best stuff
Favorite places in NY to get some work done (coffee places etc)?
Sincerely Tommy is a local café/shop in Bed Stuy that has a great curation of vintage and local designers, cultural events and vibes.
I love the Main NYPL library in Bryant Park – such an architectural marvel and you’re surrounded by silence and knowledge.
Any patch of grass in the sunshine.
Favorite vintage boutiques in NY?
I know this city's Beacon’s Closets better than the subway system.
Favorite online stores for good designer deals?
THE REAL REAL!!! Etsy. Poshmark. Depop.
Up and coming/emerging brands we should keep an eye on?
I almost exclusively wear vintage. Not too familiar with emerging designers and contemporary fashion but if I have to pick: Christopher John Rogers and Area for some NYC grown disco glam and Beirut based line Vanina for all their pearl encrusted sustainable luxury!
Currently on your playlist?
Daniel Caesar, Erykah Badu, Sade and Solange always
St Germain Spritz.
Favorite spirit animal/muse?
If Josephine Baker, Grace Jones, Holly Golightly and Brigitte Bardot had a love child at Studio 54.
The afromoji that doesn’t exist. Or the disco-moji that doesn’t exist. How does a pigeon have its own emoji and there is neither a disco ball nor an afro!!??